Saturday, May 12, 2018

“Wallflower III”

My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design

ArtCloth



Marie-Therese Wisniowski


Preamble
On this blog spot there are posts that center on my “Wearable Art” (e.g. scarves, digital or analogue created fabric lengths etc.) For your convenience I have listed these posts below.
A Selection of My Scarves
Leaves Transformed: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
My New Silk Rayon Velvet Scarves@Purple Noon Art And Sculpture Gallery
My Fabric Lengths@QSDS
My Fabric Collection:"Oh, Oh Marilyn and Mona!"@Spoonflower
2013 Australian Craft Awards – Finalist
My Scarves@2014 Scarf Festival: "Urban Artscape" Pashminas
My New Scarves and Fabric Lengths
New Range of Silk Neckties - Karma and Akash
AIVA: My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Byzantine Glow: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Wall Flower: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Ink Fern - A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Celebratory Fireworks
My New Silk ArtCloth Scarves
New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
UBIRR - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Renaissance Man - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Banksia - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Ginkgo Love - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Garden Delights I & II - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Wallflower III - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Rainforest Beauty - Collection My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Spring & Autumn Flurry Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
La Volute Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Urban Butterfly - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
Acanthus Dream - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
“Cascading Acanthus” - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed 'Rainforest Beauty' Pashmina Wraps Collection
My ArtCloth Tea Towels: A New Collection of Digitally Designed Products
Through the Land it Roared . . . ArtCloth Shawl
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed ‘Urban Codes - Series 1’ Collection
Urban Moonlight - My Post Graffiti Doily
My New Hand Printed Fabric Design - "Morocco" ArtCloth
‘Vine Glow’
“Bush Banksia’s” Collection"
Releasing My New - ‘Unique State’ ArtCloth Scarves

If you like any of my artworks in the above links, please email me at - Marie-Therese - for pricing and for any other enquiries.


“Wallflower III” – Introduction, Concept and Processes
My new, contemporary fabric design range, “Wallflower III” stems from a unique series of designs based on images of my post-graffiti artwork depicting distressed, worn, aged and organic botanic illustrations originally found in illustrated books and now reinterpreted on contemporary urban walls. Being a little on the ‘funky’ side, “Wallflower III” has also been designed to inspire and celebrate this creative and original art form of present day urban graffiti and in doing so, capturing a modern, timeless and unique post-graffiti design aesthetic of our times.

The “Wallflower III” range comes in two color ways - one on a denim blue dyed background, the second on a warm magenta dyed background.

As with all of my fabric designs, the base fabrics were dyed using time-honored hand dyeing techniques to add visual depth, pattern and contrast to the fabric background/s.

The dyed fabric/s were now ready for printing the complex surface layers using time-honored hand printing processes. Employing one of my post-graffiti images, the base dyed layers were screen printed in various modes over the entire fabric length/s creating randomly printed and deconstructed background imagery. The next layer employed a ‘cracked surface’ image, which was randomly screen printed over the entire fabric length/s creating additional texture and visual depth to the design. The fourth layer employed stenciling leaf designs in metallic pigment over the entire fabric length/s creating a visual juxtaposition to the previous base colors. The fifth layer employed ‘botanical berry’ images, which were screen printed in a half drop repeat mode in metallic pigment. The final layer employed my ‘wallflower botanical’ image which was screen printed in a half drop repeat mode in metallic gold pigment. The completed fabric design consisted of multiple complex layers of imagery creating a richly hued, multi layered, sumptuous and deconstructed, three-dimensional appearance to the surface of the fabrics.

The fabric and patterning in the “Wallflower III” range can be designed using variations of the above color ways and patterning techniques to create a truly unique and individual statement. ““Wallflower III” fabric lengths and fat quarters can be used for wearable art, accessories, quilts, furnishing, as framed artworks and interior design projects. Please contact me to discuss further options.


“Wallflower III”

View of “Wallflower III” design as fabric lengths (close up).
The design comes in two color ways: one on a denim blue dyed background (left),and the second on a warm magenta dyed background (right).

“Wallflower III” (close up view on a denim blue dyed background).
Technique and Material: Dyed, screen printed and stenciled employing transparent and metallic pigments on cotton.
Size: 116 cm wide x 145 cm high.

“Wallflower III” (detail view on a denim blue dyed background).

“Wallflower III” (close up view on a warm magenta dyed background).
Technique and Material: Dyed, screen printed and stenciled employing transparent and metallic pigments on cotton.
Size: 97 cm wide x 110 cm high.

“Wallflower III” (detail view on a warm magenta dyed background).

No comments: