Saturday, July 9, 2016

AIVA
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
ArtCloth

Marie-Therese Wisniowski

Preamble
On this blog spot there are posts that center on my “Wearable Art” (e.g. scarves, digital or analogue created fabric lengths etc.) For your convenience I have listed these posts below.
A Selection of My Scarves
Leaves Transformed: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
My New Silk Rayon Velvet Scarves@Purple Noon Art And Sculpture Gallery
My Fabric Lengths@QSDS
My Fabric Collection:"Oh, Oh Marilyn and Mona!"@Spoonflower
2013 Australian Craft Awards – Finalist
My Scarves@2014 Scarf Festival: "Urban Artscape" Pashminas
My New Scarves and Fabric Lengths
New Range of Silk Neckties - Karma and Akash
AIVA: My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Byzantine Glow: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Wall Flower: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Ink Fern - A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Celebratory Fireworks
My New Silk ArtCloth Scarves
New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
UBIRR - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Renaissance Man - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Banksia - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Ginkgo Love - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Garden Delights I & II - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Wallflower III - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Rainforest Beauty - Collection My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Spring & Autumn Flurry Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
La Volute Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Urban Butterfly - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
Acanthus Dream - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
“Cascading Acanthus” - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed 'Rainforest Beauty' Pashmina Wraps Collection
My ArtCloth Tea Towels: A New Collection of Digitally Designed Products
Through the Land it Roared . . . ArtCloth Shawl
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed ‘Urban Codes - Series 1’ Collection
Urban Moonlight - My Post Graffiti Doily
My New Hand Printed Fabric Design - "Morocco" ArtCloth
‘Vine Glow’
“Bush Banksia’s” Collection"
Releasing My New - ‘Unique State’ ArtCloth Scarves

If you like any of my artworks in the above links, please email me at - Marie-Therese - for pricing and for any other enquiries.


AIVA
My new fabric design, AIVA, is based on my interpretation of traditional Indian floral pattern textile designs which I have translated into a new, unique and contemporary design.

Traditional Indian floral pattern design (India).

Using time honored hand dyeing and hand printing processes, the white cotton fabric was dyed and over dyed in green hues to produce a deep bottle green color. The next layer, the second layer, employed extensive block printing in a rich magenta metallic fabric paint over the entire four meter surface using repeat patterns. The block printing was repeated again on the third layer using a rich metallic gold fabric paint over the entire surface. These fine, organic, linear, background printed layers create a sense of movement and visual interest/depth to the base layers of the design.

AIVA (detail view).

To build up additional layers of complex imaging, contrast, visual depth and patterning to the first three layers, floral visuals were carefully re-designed based on ancient Indian pattern styles and cut into stencil templates. Using rich metallic and opaque fabric paints, six additional layers were overprinted using three stencil designs to create a multifaceted, rich textural surface imbued with movement over the entire four meter fabric length. Random pattern positioning techniques were employed. Colors included metallic blue, metallic green, metallic olive green, metallic gold, metallic magenta and opaque deep rose. The nine dyed and printed layers result in a fabric that is sumptuous, luscious and visually arresting!

AVIA (mid view).

The fabric and patterning in AIVA can be designed using colors of your choice to create a truly unique and individual statement. AIVA fabric lengths can be used for wearable art, accessories, quilts, furnishing and interior design projects.

AIVA (two meter length view).

Please email me - Marie-Therese - for further information.

No comments: