Saturday, February 10, 2018

New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
Wearable Art
Marie-Therese Wisniowski


Preamble
On this blog spot there are posts that center on my “Wearable Art” (e.g. scarves, digital or analogue created fabric lengths etc.) For your convenience I have listed these posts below.
A Selection of My Scarves
Leaves Transformed: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
My New Silk Rayon Velvet Scarves@Purple Noon Art And Sculpture Gallery
My Fabric Lengths@QSDS
My Fabric Collection:"Oh, Oh Marilyn and Mona!"@Spoonflower
2013 Australian Craft Awards – Finalist
My Scarves@2014 Scarf Festival: "Urban Artscape" Pashminas
My New Scarves and Fabric Lengths
New Range of Silk Neckties - Karma and Akash
AIVA: My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Byzantine Glow: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Wall Flower: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Ink Fern - A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Celebratory Fireworks
My New Silk ArtCloth Scarves
New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
UBIRR - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Renaissance Man - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Banksia - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Ginkgo Love - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Garden Delights I & II - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Wallflower III - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Rainforest Beauty - Collection My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Spring & Autumn Flurry Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
La Volute Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Urban Butterfly - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
Acanthus Dream - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
“Cascading Acanthus” - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed 'Rainforest Beauty' Pashmina Wraps Collection
My ArtCloth Tea Towels: A New Collection of Digitally Designed Products
Through the Land it Roared . . . ArtCloth Shawl
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed ‘Urban Codes - Series 1’ Collection
Urban Moonlight - My Post Graffiti Doily
My New Hand Printed Fabric Design - "Morocco" ArtCloth
‘Vine Glow’
“Bush Banksia’s” Collection"
Releasing My New - ‘Unique State’ ArtCloth Scarves

If you like any of my artworks in the above links, please email me at - Marie-Therese - for pricing and for any other enquiries.


Introduction
There are three basic ingredients (as opposed to definitions) that all artworks possess: (i) they need to be “engaged”; (ii) they are non-functional; (iii) they are aesthetic. Wearable Art is “Art” when placed in an art context but when it is not placed in an art context, its functionality obscures the act of engagement. 
My ArtCloth scarves are wearable art. 

My scarves have been created using a range of fabrics and various hand dyeing and hand printing techniques. I am particularly fond of silk due to its ability to impart rich, luscious, intense colors and yet retain its lustre and luxurious handle when dyed and printed using various media. 
My scarves are a unique creation, never to be repeated in color, tone or overall design. Some of the design elements may re-appear in other scarves, but the overall colors, printing/overprinting and design features is what ensures their uniqueness as a one-off specialty wearable art item to covet. As unique, exclusive, one-off pieces they will glamorize many of your wardrobe items.

My ArtCloth scarves are unique, are imbued with color, texture and multi layers. They are comfortable to wear and are thoughtfully designed, dyed, printed and finished. Special care instructions are included with each scarf.

My scarves are available in various galleries and art & craft outlets throughout Australia. For example, in the Hunter Valley (Australia) they are available from Cessnock Regional Art Gallery. They are also available via specialty artisan Hand Made Art and Design Markets and via my Art Quill Studio. If you would like to purchase a particular scarf shown in this and other posts, please email me at - Marie-Therese - in order to find out if it has not already sold and so is still available for purchase.


Inspiration/Method of Creation
The first Prime Minister of India - Nehru - said to his daughter Indira Gandhi: “Be Brave - the rest will follow!” Underlying all of my work is this drive to take risks - to create bold, edgy, contemporary designs and so let my adrenaline drive my artwork. Nonetheless, discarding mainstream design elements is not in itself inspirational, but rather it is an important part of my inner core - to drive my work to create edgy design elements.

 Urban and landscape environments inform my images and works. My contemporary urban landscape themes include my interpretation of post-graffiti work. I operate my artistic skill set on these thoughts to project rich and vibrant landscapes on the cloth medium. The ArtCloth scarves I create rely heavily on researching design elements consistent with my worldview to create images from the “utten welt” and/or from life-forms threatened with respect to survival. 

I employ various surface design techniques to create the imagery for my scarves. These techniques include the initial image/mark making processes of drawing and designing which are followed by dyeing, discharging, hand painting, stenciling, stamping, screen printing, foiling and other processes on natural fibres. I have been honoured to receive numerous international awards for my printed ArtCloth textiles.

A Selection Of My New ‘Unique State’ Silk Scarves

Overview of new ‘green/metallic’ range of ‘unique state’ silk habotai scarves.

Technique and Media: Dyed, shibori overdyed, discharged, stamped and stencilled employing dyes, discharge media and metallic pigment on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.
Available from Cessnock Regional Art Gallery.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Multi dyed, multiple discharge and silk screened employing dyes, discharge media and metallic foil on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 26 wide x 183 length cm.
Available from Cessnock Regional Art Gallery.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Multi dyed, discharged, stamped and silk screened employing dyes, transparent, opaque and metallic pigments on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 26 wide x 188 length cm.

Detail view.

Overview of new series of ‘unique state’ silk habotai scarves.

Technique and Media: Dyed, discharged, silk screened, stencilled, stamped and foiled employing dyes, discharge media, transparent pigment and foil on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Dyed, shibori overdyed, multiple discharge and silk screened employing dyes, discharge media and metallic pigments on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Shibori multi dyed, silk screened and stencilled employing dyes, transparent and metallic pigment on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Shibori multi dyed, silk screened and stencilled employing dyes, transparent and metallic pigment on silk habotai (full view).
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Shibori multi dyed, discharged, silk screened, stencilled and stamped employing dyes, discharge media, transparent, and opaque pigments on silk habotai.
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

Technique and Media: Shibori multi dyed, stamped and silk screened employing dyes, transparent and opaque pigments on silk habotai.
Size: 28.5 wide x 142 length cm.

Detail view.

No comments: