Saturday, December 10, 2016

New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Fabric Lengths

Marie-Therese Wisniowski

Preamble
On this blog spot there are posts that center on my “Wearable Art” (e.g. scarves, digital or analogue created fabric lengths etc.) For your convenience I have listed these posts below.
A Selection of My Scarves
Leaves Transformed: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
My New Silk Rayon Velvet Scarves@Purple Noon Art And Sculpture Gallery
My Fabric Lengths@QSDS
My Fabric Collection:"Oh, Oh Marilyn and Mona!"@Spoonflower
2013 Australian Craft Awards – Finalist
My Scarves@2014 Scarf Festival: "Urban Artscape" Pashminas
My New Scarves and Fabric Lengths
New Range of Silk Neckties - Karma and Akash
AIVA: My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Fabrics
Byzantine Glow: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Wall Flower: A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Ink Fern - A New Collection of My Digitally Designed Fabrics
Celebratory Fireworks
My New Silk ArtCloth Scarves
New ‘Unique State’ Silk ArtCloth Scarves
UBIRR - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Renaissance Man - My New Hand Dyed & Printed Fabric Design
Banksia - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Ginkgo Love - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Garden Delights I & II - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Wallflower III - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Rainforest Beauty - Collection My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Spring & Autumn Flurry Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
La Volute Collection - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
Urban Butterfly - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
Acanthus Dream - My New Hand Printed Fabric Design
“Cascading Acanthus” - My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Design
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed 'Rainforest Beauty' Pashmina Wraps Collection
My ArtCloth Tea Towels: A New Collection of Digitally Designed Products
Through the Land it Roared . . . ArtCloth Shawl
My New Hand Dyed and Hand Printed ‘Urban Codes - Series 1’ Collection
Urban Moonlight - My Post Graffiti Doily
My New Hand Printed Fabric Design - "Morocco" ArtCloth
‘Vine Glow’
“Bush Banksia’s” Collection"
Releasing My New - ‘Unique State’ ArtCloth Scarves

If you like any of my artworks in the above links, please email me at - Marie-Therese - for pricing and for any other enquiries.


Introduction
My "Cultural Graffiti" suite on cloth and paper was based on my intention that my art marks should not be discernible, and so I did not want to base it on an alphabet or symbolic images (like pictograms) etc. I wanted my images to have the “feel” of typographical and image marks. I wanted my images to be vibrant but have a mystery to them, as if they were indecipherable messages from unknown urban peoples. I searched deep and decided to use my “matrix formatting” screen printing technique, which involves splicing together a number of images to form a matrix. As this ArtCloth and prints on paper suite was strategically planned, I called it my “Cultural Graffiti” suite.

ArtCloth: Cultural Graffiti I (Detail View).
This ArtCloth work was exhibited in 2004 at the "Festival of Quilts and the Knit & Stitch Conference", Birmingham, England.


New Colorways For My 'Cultural Graffiti' Hand Dyed and Hand Printed Fabric Range

Using white fabric as the base color, time honored hand dyeing and hand printing techniques are employed to create my signature rich, multi-layered 'Cultural Graffiti' designs on fabric whilst ensuring that the 'hand' of the fabric remains intact.

My 'Cultural Graffiti' design is now available in two new colorways - in rich magenta/purple hues and rich red/warm gold hues. These two fabrics are available for purchase. Please email at - Marie-Therese - if you wish to purchase these two unique fabrics. The design can also be dyed and printed on numerous natural fibers of your choice - please email me to discuss these options.

These fabric lengths can be used for wearable art, accessories, quilts, furnishing and interior design projects.

All photographs courtesy Marie-Therese Wisniowsk.

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' in rich magenta/purple hues (draped on model view).
Technique: Dyed, over dyed, discharged, silk screened and foiled on rayon employing dyes, pigment, metallic paint and foil.
Size: 185 cm (wide) x 121 cm (high).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich magenta/purple hues - draped over stand).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich magenta/purple hues - full view).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich magenta/purple hues - detail view).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' in rich red/warm gold hues (draped on model view).
Technique: Dyed, over dyed, discharged, silk screened and foiled on rayon employing dyes, pigment, metallic paint and foil.
Size: 185 cm (wide) x 121 cm (high).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich red/warm gold hues - draped over stand).

Title: 'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich red/warm gold hues - full view).

Title:'Cultural Graffiti' (in rich red/warm gold hues - detail view).

2 comments:

Lesley Turner said...

Such beautiful cloth. I too have been working at making a mark without making a recognisable motif or symbol. I am making the mark of the energy of a colour - sewing, painting and drawing.

Art Quill Studio said...

Thanks for your kind words and comments Lesley. I am pleased to hear that you like the featured new colourways for the 'Cultural Graffiti' hand dyed and hand printed fabrics. I am also very fond of the beautiful marks/colours you have created with your signature eco-dyed, stitched and painted cloth pieces.